1. I took the old matting that came with the frame, and traced it’s dimensions onto a NEW piece of mat.
2. I cut a piece of white mat to the same size as the old matting dimensions
3. I drew on the back of the matting 2 lines where I wanted to create “slits”. These slits were going to be where I fed through the bow tie.
4. I used my slicer tool (the same one that I used to cut the mat to size) and sliced 2 small lines in the middle of the mat where I had decided and marked out prior
5. I fed through the bow tie and tied it on the opposite side, replaced the matting and was done.
And there you had it, a fun little piece of art. (I’ll show you how to use the mat cutter in more depth in an upcoming post) xo Lindsay