The *official* start to the Holiday Season

holiday
Today marked the official start to the Holiday Season in our house. Why today you ask? Well today was the The Santa Claus parade here in Toronto! In our Family it is the demarcation of when the Holiday Season officially begins.  We celebrate in style in our family – we watch the parade (indoors) but with Egg Nog and Christmas Cake. And it wouldn’t be complete without a roaring fire. (We almost got Oscar to sit in front of it!) Oscar was so very excited with all the cheering at the floats,  but was out cold right after Santa made is way onto the screen.

To you,  we wish you a fabulous start to the Holiday Season –  I declare that it is now fine to start playing those Christmas jingles & those Christmas ornaments can be unpacked….! (When does everyone else get their Christmas Trees??)

*Update* For those asking, this is my Family’s house…not mine. (Really people … *wink*) How I wish we had a fireplace!! (House #2 will have that)

Update #2 – The artists above my Parents fireplace is a Canadian Artist,  David Grieve. I did a blog posy about him which you can read about here.

CabinetParts.com
    November 22, 2010 at 1:22 pm

What an adorable baby! Lovely colors in the pictures.

Krista & Ben
    November 22, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Tis the season! The artwork over the fireplace is beautiful. That's not your house is it?

November 22, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Love the picture in front of the fireplace! Is that your house??

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy
    November 22, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Awww, looks like you guys had a great time! I'm so upset I didn't get a chance to talk to you on Saturday night. There were so many great ladies to talk to and so little time. Maybe at the next event!

Sarah
    November 22, 2010 at 3:41 pm

The tree went up last weekend and the rest of the ornaments came out this weekend. I'm a bit more subdued and ecclectic in my apartment, but if I had a farmhouse – watch out! Love the artwork over the mantel – yours?

Kerry
    November 22, 2010 at 4:02 pm

The parade is the real start for me as well! 🙂 B and I put the tree up and decorated last night with the parade on in the back ground!

JK
    November 22, 2010 at 4:09 pm

So sweet! I'm nervous about the baby and the fire though! Yikes! How are you babyproofing? Our tree goes up the Sunday after Thanksgiving (this Thursday). This year we are thinking about doing a small tree on a table so our 1 year old doesn't get too tempted to pull a whole big tree down…

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row
    November 22, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Well – Happy Holidays! It IS the happiest time of the year!

Wendy
    November 22, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Hey Lindsay, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet Saturday night!! Thanks so much for the promo card, I will be putting it to use shortly!

My husbands family has been attending the Toronto Santa Claus parade since the beginning and of course, its become tradition for us too! I even took my oldest son (Liam) out to the parade when he was just over a month old month, crazy I know, but there's no getting out of the Santa Claus parade for us!!! Take care!! 🙂

Saara @ GEORGE Interior Design
    November 22, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Can't wait to be back in TO next Christmas for the Santa Claus Parade! Hopefully my daughter will be enough to convince my mum out of her house and down to Bloor! She wouldnt make the 5 min walk from her house this year…so lazy. 🙂
    oh. and since we've lived in the US, we've officially started the holidays on US THanksgiving. And that means this weekend the decorations go up! yay.

November 22, 2010 at 11:40 pm

any chance you know (or could find out) the name of the artist who did the amazing piece above the fireplace? LOVE IT

Connie @ SogniESorrisi
    November 23, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Looks like such an amazing way to usher in the holiday season. Your son is too cute.