Nuts & Lima Beans

I picked up some nuts at the cottage. Cue a slew of awesome jokes. Oscar and I trotted around the property and I noticed an abundance of acorns, so I thought that I would collect some and do a project. Like I don’t have enough going on.

acorn1

Who knew a stroller could hold more than a baby…

acorn2

Right now they are sitting in this container

acorns

But I’m thinking that maybe this may follow? They aren’t all acorns, but are inspiring none the less. Gotta pick me up some lima beans!

004

(1) Via (2) Via (3) Via

Krista & Ben
    October 21, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I love this idea! I certainly prefer my lima beans this way rather than on my plate!

The Bonjour Four
    October 21, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Love this idea!!! So cute! My favorite is the acorn wreath.. I think I might make one.. If I can find some acorns. 🙂 thanks for thr idea!

I have some free printables I created on my blog if you are interested.

Liz Owen
    October 21, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I love this idea, but keep a close eye on those nuts you picked up outside. I did the same thing last year and suddenly there were worms everywhere. I was so bummed. I thought I'd pulled one over on Pottery Barn (who at the time was charging $10 for a tiny pack of decorator acorns).

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy
    October 21, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Okay, I thought I had my plan for my holiday door wreath (yarn pom poms), but now this whole lima bean thing has got me thinking…I wonder how they dyed those lima beans pink??

October 21, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Liz —- Oh gross. Lost my appetite. 🙂 Going to put the nuts outside right now!

October 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Shannon – I think they sprayed the Lima Beans with Raspeberry Spray Paint. (One of the links has a tutorial) And the more I think about it, the more I like the Lima Beans vs. the Acorns. ":)

Emily
    October 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm

I made a wreath with Lima Beans and it was SUPER easy and cheap! My favorite combination 🙂

Selena
    October 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm

uhm yea. those wreaths are ridiculous amazing! visiting over from twitter and our awesome steven and chris day!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art
    October 21, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Love this idea, great fall wreath!

Kate {domestikatedlife}
    October 21, 2010 at 2:57 pm

What a cute idea, i love the lima beans one. But hanging in that jar they look pretty adorable too!

LadySmith
    October 21, 2010 at 5:55 pm

wreaths look great. be sure to show us the finished result. I'm sure you've seen this before, but beautifully simple pine cone only wreath: http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2009/10/tutorial-pine-cone-wreath-and-guest.html

i'm attempting tonight so fingers crossed. first time to your site. look forward to reading more.

Megan
    October 21, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Hi Lindsay
    I found the same "surprise" inside my acorns as Liz last year. I wasn't gonna give up so I threw them (almost literally!!) into the microwave and zapped them for 35 seconds. It worked, it killed all things crawling! Just a thought!

October 21, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Megan – I just nuked mine after reading your comment! But I also just stuck them outside. I *hate* the thought of worms so until I start the project those nuts are staying outdoors!

That Lima bean one is looking more and more appealing.

lauren
    October 21, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Love this idea, thanks for sharing!

ps I love reading your blog and had to write because I also have an Uppababy and very rarely do I ever find someone else who does! Hope you are enjoying it as much as we are!

Teuvo Vehkalahti
    October 25, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Very nice picture and your blog is full KIV viewable and readable. I like your blog very much. Come take a look Teuvo images http://www.ttvehkalahti.blogspot.com blog and tell all your friends photos on your blog Teuvo fermentation that can be your country's flag be raised higher on my blog. Wishing you a nice autumn Teuvo Vehkalahti Suomi Finland