In My House

It’s been a long time coming….

Our bookshelves!

bookcases

It will be almost 1 year to the date of this post that we will have them delivered! We ordered them last week. It was a bit scary signing on the dotted line, having talked about it for so long. The Bookcases will be built in MDF and we’ll be painting them ourselves. (Having them painted for us was going to double the cost, so I’m whipping out the old paint brush) I cannot express how excited I am to have these. (Click here to read more about what on earth this is all about)

Kirsten Krason
    August 11, 2010 at 9:57 pm

They are going to look great!!! I can't wait to see them.

Shannon
    August 11, 2010 at 10:04 pm

So exciting! Think of all the organizing you get to do!!!

Where did you end up buying them from?

Design Love
    August 12, 2010 at 3:32 am

I love bookcases they add so much to any room! Glad to see you are getting them soon. Can't wait to see them painted and in place!

Cinders

Barbara
    August 12, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Where did you finally decide to go for your bookcases? Last year you were considering Armish, Naked Furniture or Aubrey building them. The design is lovely, can't wait to see them in place.

Barb

Kerry
    August 12, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Very exciting – can't wait for you share them Lindsay!

Roncy Vic
    August 12, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Very nice design, i think it will look very built-in and original to the house. Not sure if this applies to your design, but if you have any exposed mdf edges i would recommend either sealing them before paiting or having solid wood face frames. The edges of mdf are like paint sponges and do not allow for a smooth paint finish. Unsealed they end up looking much rougher and drier than the rest of the piece, after painting.

August 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Thanks!

Roncy Vic – You are indeed correct. The cabinet makers are sealing the edges for the exact reason you mentioned. 😉

Sarah La Rose
    August 12, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Where are you having them made?

sacheson
    August 12, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Can't wait to see them!! Your house is looking really great!
    Shannon

August 13, 2010 at 1:11 am

Sarah – A place called Innova that is in the West End is making them. 🙂 Shoot me an e-mail if you want more info, but when we get them in I will be sure to post their contact info in that post. 🙂 xo

August 14, 2010 at 2:01 am

Hi What are the dimensions, I'm also a book lover and wanted to know the height of the cabinet versus the bookshelves. Thanks