In Renovations

Basement Tiling Begins

Aubrey Tiling

As you saw on yesterdays post, tiling the basement bathroom was one of the things we’re doing this week. The goal is to have this finished by the end of the week. Which means it’s then up to me to pick a colour for the walls. Ack. I’m leaning towards blues or greens for the wall colour.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno
    August 4, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Wow, it looks great! I'm thinking spa green would look amazing with that accent tile.

[email protected]
    August 4, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I know it is a bit of a copy cat move, but the bathroom in Brooklyn Limestone used BM "Quiet Moments" and I think it was a good greeny blue greyish colour (I know, aweseome description) that would look great!

Jacquelyn
    August 4, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Benjamin Moore Ocean Air is a nice blue/green color, I've seen it paired with marble before, looks quite nice

Kerry
    August 4, 2010 at 5:58 pm

It's bringing me back to our bathroom tiling… that was going on about a month ago. I actually enjoyed doing the subway tile!
    I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

Sue at Beach Bungalow
    August 4, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Love the subway tiles!

Sue

Amanda
    August 4, 2010 at 7:53 pm

That brings back so many memories… I think a blue or green would look lovely with the subway tiles.

August 4, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Benjamin Moore Gray Wisp is a great colour too…

Sarah Clark
    August 4, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Can I ask? Are you doing the work yourself or is someone doing the tiling? I hate our perfectly good (practically brand new) tile job in our bathroom and am wondering how much it costs to have a professional do the tiling…

Charity
    August 5, 2010 at 12:13 am

I agree, BM Quiet Moments is a lovely grey-green colour – I used it in my bathroom as well.

However, not sure if it's been renamed or just a difference between Canada /US, but at my local BM in Ottawa it was actually called 'Grey Cashmere'

Design Love
    August 5, 2010 at 1:45 am

Can't wait to see it finished! I love the tiles….. tell me how you keep your hubby so motivated!!! lol

I like the greeny grey colors!

Cindy

jen
    August 5, 2010 at 2:15 am

hey! just recently came upon your blog, and our bathroom tile-style similarity is sort of blowing my mind (we *just* finished our tiling!). can't wait to see the finished room!!

Stancie @ Fig+Sage
    August 5, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Last week I found this home featured on Apartment Therapy and I'm in LOVE with the grey/green in the kitchen/office area here:

The color is Dunn Edwards, Olive Tone Q11-57T and I think it would look fabulous with your white subway tiles! Can't wait to see your after photos 🙂

August 6, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for the BM colours to look into!! I am pulling out my fan deck & going to look at each of the ones you recommended.

Sarah Clark – We're doing the tiling ourselves. We got some quotes (rought quotes) and it was a bit over our budget, and Aubrey was willing to figure it out so we decided to save that money.