In My House

Basement Bathroom Progress

blog_bathroom2

We’re getting there! Aubrey finished tiling the shower stall (but has to do some caulking). I’ve painted some sample colours on Bristol board and taped them up on the wall. I gravitated towards the blues for the bathroom but stayed away from the actual blue colours in the deck, and went into the gray/white section of the fan deck & focused on colours that had hints of bluey grays.

Aubrey loves the middle sample (Paper White by Benjamin Moore OC-55) and it’s turning out to be my favourite as well. Initially my thought was to go with the paper sample on the very right (Vanilla Milkshake OC-59) because I just always gravitate to whites. Just for the record, Paper White reads slightly blue in this room.

christine
    August 25, 2010 at 12:51 am

I am in love with your tiles!!

Design Love
    August 25, 2010 at 1:10 am

I love it so far! Are they penny round tiles on the shower floor! I love them!!! Also, the whites are so different. You'll choose the right shade!

Cindy

Katie
    August 25, 2010 at 1:34 am

looking great so far. it could be nice to have a white that has a little bit of contrast with the tile?? can't wait to see what you pick!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno
    August 25, 2010 at 1:42 am

Love it all, I say go with the paper white for a subtle blue.

Valerie
    August 25, 2010 at 1:44 am

Before I read your post I stared at the paint samples and the middle one looks the best to me. The one on the left reads greenish and the right too yellow. The middle one has the same undertones as the tiles (at least it does on my computer screen). 🙂

Cozy.Cottage.Cute.
    August 25, 2010 at 1:54 am

The middle colour is very subtle and pretty… 🙂

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife
    August 25, 2010 at 2:12 am

Fabulous job with the tiles! Cannot wait to see it all finished!

Roncy Vic
    August 25, 2010 at 2:21 am

Wow, that looks great, i really am loving the accent and shower floor tiles. On my computer the paper white is looking hard to beat.

August 25, 2010 at 6:23 am

i like the middle one as well!

love the bathroom!

Kerry
    August 25, 2010 at 2:15 pm

It's looking awesome Lindsay! I love that colour in the middle the most as well!

[email protected] at Home
    August 25, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Beautiful .. love the tiles.

Maggie Rose
    August 25, 2010 at 8:09 pm

It's going to look so pretty! From this picture, I actually like the far left color best – but it's hard to say, how it looks in person could be quite different!

Kellie Dobbie
    August 26, 2010 at 2:28 am

My vote goes to the middle one as well, I believe it wins by unanimous decision. Love the tiles on the shower floor.

Flourishing Networks
    August 26, 2010 at 11:36 am

love the colours you have choosen for the bathroom. great renovations

{aka} | design
    August 30, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Love it! It's so bright and crisp!
    Shannon

Suite Styles
    August 30, 2010 at 1:59 pm

love your selection of materials! so fresh looking!

Michelle
    August 31, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Ummm I think I just died and went to heaven. Do we have the same brain? I LOVE each and every choice you have made in here! Seriously! It is perfect! I actually have that Kohler sink/toilet set in our guest bathroom and it impresses me every time I walk in that room. My husband and I are actually beginning demolition on our master bath this very weekend… I will constantly be referencing your bathroom posts because it is just perfection! Great job! 🙂

Wendy
    August 31, 2010 at 5:29 pm

it's coming along nicely – looks crisp!

Flooring Pro
    August 31, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Your bathroom is looking very nice! Love the tile detail on the shower, tell your Aubrey he did a great job 🙂 actually I like the first color because it's warm and contrast well with the white colors of the rest of the room…but my second favorite is the middle one, very calming color for a bathroom. Can't wait to see photos for the finished room. All the best!

SweDaisy
    September 2, 2010 at 2:22 am

I love what you are doing in here so far. I also agree with you both on the paint selection the center one works for me too. Can't wait to see the space when you're all done.

Take Care,
    Lisa

Matt
    September 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Looks fantastic! Very soothing and serene. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Elise Lowerison
    September 3, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I love the smooth look of this bathroom. The clean, white lines really do wonders to the beautiful simplicity seen here. I wonder, because of that upper window, if there are any window treatments that would suit this bathroom. I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and the topic of window treatment selection was very interesting to me. It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.