In My House

Remember we debated a Glider?

Remember I debated getting a glider? Well, we did end up buying one, and here it is…

Glider 3
(Glider, Rena Chair from Dear-Born Baby)

The Glider arrived a week before Oscar did (good timing!) and I’m SOOO glad I bit the bullet and invested in one, and one that I really liked. I really loved the Monte Gliders (Canadian made) but the price was just a little too much for me to bare parting with. This Glider was less, and yet just as comfy, and the clean lines made it still appropriate for our design style.

Although the fabric selection from the manufacturer isn’t as wide as someone like us decor obsessed people would like, the fabric I chose is neutral enough for me and my intention is to jazz it up one day with a funky lumbar pillow.

The chair is SUPER comfy, and the arms are the perfect height for feeding Oscar. Thank you for all of your feedback when I was debating getting a Glider, the comments were extremely helpful in our decision to purchase. 🙂 This one I ordered from Dear-Born Baby in Toronto. What I think is REALLY interesting is that the chair frame looks identical to the chair at Restoration Hardware Baby seen here. But for a lot less than RH’s cost. (Although, the fabric selection at RH is a bit more decor friendly)

The chair has already gotten a lot of use, and although it takes up floor space in an already small room, it is well worth having.

Mrs. Chic
    June 16, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I love that your glider looks like a chair! It looks really nice…the traditional 'gliders' are not my style, so its cool to see other nice options

christine
    June 16, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I like it. I think the colour works great in the room! And for something you spend so much time in, well worth the investment!

K Dot
    June 16, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Lindsay- I love this glider so much more than the Monte. I think this one is more versatile after your done with it in the baby's room. The other ones all have the ugly rocker base exposed!. This one looks super comfortable. BTW congratulations on the arrival of Oscar. Even though I don't know you personally I can tell that you & Aubrey are super people & will make great parents!

lemondropdreams
    June 16, 2010 at 9:28 pm

That is a gorgeous, usable in another room later glider. Gliders these days are soooo… much cuter that the one's when I had my first 11 years ago.

Rebecca
    June 17, 2010 at 10:53 am

Your nursery just looks so soft and serene! That glider looks so comfy too.

Joelle
    June 23, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Congrats on baby Oscar! And I think we got a very similar glider (although ours is called Bilada?). Super comfy. All the best to you and your little one. Still a few weeks to go for me…

June 29, 2010 at 2:03 am

Great glider – what's the brand name of it?

July 1, 2010 at 2:54 am

Hi Anoymous – The Glider is called the "rena" chair and I bought it at Dear-Born Baby here in Toronto. Here is a guest blog post I did for them on it…