Look up, Waaaaay Up

Aubrey’s Mom hosted a baby shower for me this past weekend, for the ladies of the family. And look what greeted me upon walking in….

MrGiraffe

A gift from My Mom and my little sister. I guess I talked a lot about this guy. 😉 I won’t lie, I almost cried I was so surprised and excited!* Aubrey apparently knew that my Mom was getting him, and the fact that he kept it a surprise is pretty darn amazing.

He hasn’t made his way into our house yet (he won’t fit into a Mini Cooper even with his head out the sunroof) So Mom is dropping him off this week.

Gotta love Moms & little sisters. 🙂

Ps., So what’s the big deal with the giraffe? You must read all of our blog posts on the nursery to see the giraffe making MANY appearances. 🙂 I was a little obsessed.

laura @ so alaurable
    April 27, 2010 at 2:46 am

When my SIL was pregnant and we were baby window-shopping, she mentioned she liked this giraffe but that it was too expensive. Fast forward several months to her baby shower, and I knew I had to get it. I felt a little silly carrying it through the mall out to my car, and I have no idea how it fit in my little car, but I knew it would go perfectly with her b&w safari photographs. I love it so much — such a perfect piece for a nursery! Can't wait to see how it looks in yours.

Shannon
    April 27, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Adorable!

Kerry @ First Time Fancy
    April 27, 2010 at 2:02 pm

That is so awesome – I can't wait to see him make his home in the nursery!

Mrs. Chic
    April 27, 2010 at 3:16 pm

That Giraffe is so freaking cool! What a wonderful present 🙂

Pink Peacock Designs
    April 27, 2010 at 3:24 pm

LUV the giraffe! My best friend who is due next week would love this in her nursery, do you know where your mom bought it?

April 27, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Ohhh, I just can't wait to get him into the nursery. 🙂

The Giraffe is from Mastermind Educational (www.mastermindtoys.com) You can see them in the window of most of the stores, there is one even bigger than the one I got, but there was no way that it would have fit (heigh wise) in our room…it's HUGE.

He's so soft and awesome in person!

Maggie Rose
    May 6, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Yay I'm so excited for you! The perfect gift 🙂

Maggie Rose
    May 6, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Yay I'm so excited for you! The perfect gift 🙂

LydiaB
    May 26, 2010 at 6:12 pm

I have the same giraffe! My dad made us a circus car bed when I was small, so I knew I was using it in my daughter's nursery. My parents sent the giraffe when they heard I was pregnant. Now my 2 year old daughter hugs his legs! SO CUTE! Enjoy your giraffe!

Ellise @ Charles Whyte
    January 6, 2011 at 2:19 am

I love your nursery! And the giraffe just makes it.

I'm excited to see that your partner is named Aubrey as that is my brother's name and it is very rare here in Australia.