In My House/ Updates

Artwork for Nursery

You’re likely quite familiar with Sarah Jane’s work, but if not, let me introduce you. Her work is amazing, and reminds me of childhood storybooks I used to read. About 3 years ago I bought some prints from her, and they have been carefully tucked away in need of frames. Now that we’re expecting Baby, her work is calling to me once again.

Sarah Jane

I’m tempted to make my own art for the nursery, but, when I saw the print above of the boy walking the Lion, titled “Take me for a walk” I was in love and thought it would be perfect for above the crib in that Ikea Ribba frame that is still empty.

Untitled-1

Problem is, the print is too small. Wayyyyy too small. Actually, I should re-word that. The print is a nice size. Problem is, I’m working with a HUGE frame. *sigh* Some more new nursery shots coming up in the next few days. Little baby improvements!

Kirsten Sue
    April 16, 2010 at 4:19 am

I LOVE that print! You should email Sarah Jane and see if should do one custom for you. It would look so good.

Kerry @ First Time Fancy
    April 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I looove those prints! Way too cute!

April 16, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Kirsten Sue – I actually e-mailed her 2 days ago to ask if we could do the bigger print but I haven't *yet* heard back, so we'll see. If not, I may just get the smaller one as I adore it so much. 🙂

Maggie Rose
    April 19, 2010 at 4:40 pm

So sweet! I hope she can do a larger print for you. I love your nursery. It's coming together so well and is just so bright and clean!

May 12, 2010 at 5:44 pm

I've had this issue with using an ikea frame. My solution was to layer a new mat with behind the one that's already there. You can center the opening on the current mat and tape it behind the current mat. Just make sure the new mat has an opening to fit your art.

brigitte
    May 20, 2010 at 3:20 am

I love this room.I'm french and it's very hard for me to appreciate the american style. When I saw this picture, I'm inspired!