In Renovations

A year ago today – Basement memories

A year ago today construction began on our basement.

011

….How it started off….

023

….A year later. 🙂

I can’t believe it has been a year – to think that a year ago today I was freaking out as the breaking of the concrete …. By the end of Day 1 last year, this was what was going on in our basement….

023
At the end of the first day, March 4th, 2009.

We’re still working on the basement adding final touches and doing the tiling for the basement bathroom, but it’s nice to see where we were a year ago today. 🙂

To see pictures of the basement process click here.

Jeannette
    March 4, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Wow! My basement at this very moment looks like the photo with the floor all dug up! This is great inspration to keep plugging away although I sure hope it won't take a year….I'll keep buying those lotto tickets….

JenV
    March 5, 2010 at 11:27 am

I am in love with your silhouette picture above the couch! Can you tell me where you got this or where you had it done for you? Your basement looks fabulous!

Kerry @ First Time Fancy
    March 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I read this post yesterday but didn't get a chance to comment on it! I think that this post seriously kept me motivated last night while we worked away on the basement. We were doing some digging (my lease favorite bit) – but everytime I wanted to throw the shovel down and leave B working away… I thought about how beautiful your basement is… and how beautiful ours will be (eventually) and I just kept right on working! 😉 Thanks Lindsay!

Angela
    March 5, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Our basement is scary and needs a complete overhaul. I feel so overwhelmed when I think about it, but honestly, I've thought of your renovation several times now. You give me great inspiration – I love your results!

hiphousegirl
    March 5, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again- I love your basement! Yours is what I picture to help me deal with the current state of mine 🙂

March 6, 2010 at 4:00 am

Awww, thank you! It was a labour of love this basement. 🙂 Although it's a year since it began, it really only took us 6 months, from March, until September, as I moved my office down in Sept. But it's still ongoing with the decorating etc. Aubrey worked on it pretty much every day off he had, so the kudos I owe to him! 😉

JenV – The silouhette poster I actually made and it was SUPER easy. Here is the blog post on how I made it. 🙂

c
    March 6, 2010 at 9:49 am

oh wow. night and day! really inspiring.