In Renovations

Sneak peek at some bathroom updates

bathroom

Aubrey has grouted the floor, and we’ve purchased the toilet for the basement bathroom! We ended up picking the Kohler Memoirs style of toilet from Lowes. Love it! We’re hoping to install that later on today, which will make a lovely change for me, so I don’t have to walk up all the stairs whenever I have to use the washroom. This baby is pushing on the bladder more, and more, and to have that bathroom functioning will be in one word – awesome.

K Dot
    March 15, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Lindsay- I love the memoirs line. We have both the toilet & sink in our main bathroom. I also love your marble hexagon shower tiles- that's going to be one chic basement bathroom!

jen
    March 15, 2010 at 6:49 pm

oh wow, love the hex tiles!! i have been on a mission for flat white ones, and they're harder to find in toronto than i thought! can't wait to see the finished bathroom 🙂

Pink Wallpaper
    March 15, 2010 at 7:54 pm

i adore the tile you chose for the shower floor!!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno
    March 15, 2010 at 8:25 pm

There has never been a better-looking fixture line than Memoirs from Kohler, I have the toilet and pedestal in my downstairs bath and they were worth every penny. Although, I did find the pedestal in terrific used condition on Craigslist for $50! Score!

What you've done so far is amazing.

Jeannine @ Small and Chic
    March 16, 2010 at 1:07 am

I love the entire Memoirs suite! I used the same toilet in my bathroom reno (along with carrara basketweave and subway tile). Your pictures make me remember how giddy I was as my bathroom took shape a year ago. 🙂

Kerry @ First Time Fancy
    March 16, 2010 at 1:39 am

Hooray for Basement Bathroom progress! 😉 It's looking great!

Timeless Style Design
    March 16, 2010 at 3:49 am

We just installed the Memoirs toilet and love it. It's truly timeless.

We just completed our basement bathroom (I just posted the after photos on my blog) and I know the excitement you must be feeling as your project takes shape. I love your hex tiles and since our next project is our upstairs bathroom I wonder if you would mind sharing where you bought them?

March 16, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Oh my heavens. That tile is just killing me with how beautiful it is. I would seriously turn into a prune if that floor were in my shower, because I would never want to get out. What a stunning choice!

Oh, and yes, the toilet is lovely too, but I guess I'd probably just spend the "normal" amount of time on it.

jbhat

Erika @ BluLabel Bungalow
    March 16, 2010 at 6:47 pm

much more than expected for a basement bath…everything is coming along beautifully.

March 19, 2010 at 2:16 am

Its beautiful!!! but did you put a vinyl pan liner in under the floor tiles? check out the shulte ditra line of stuff.

Devon
    April 2, 2010 at 1:24 am

Fantastic tiles. May I just provide my two cents on the Memoirs toilet? We have it upstairs and I adore its aesthetic. Even up to this week, I was planning on using it in my basement bathroom as well. BUT, it's low flow, which in all honesty, can lead to clogging issues. It's terrible. Even more terrible is that I was told that these clogging issues could become even worse in a basement. I say this not to be a pain (as I, again, LOVE the toilet), but we are now looking at Toto's for our basement bathroom, which supposedly are more 'effective' flushers.

What an embarrassing comment to write. 🙂