In My House

Carpet Installed

Yesterday our carpet in the nursery was installed. We ended up finding the carpet we really, really liked at Alexanian Carpet & Flooring about 1 month ago.

We went to the Laird + Eglinton location and the style of carpet that I fell in love with was a Godfrey Hirst Wool Carpet. I liked that it had some texture to it, and really liked the waffle look.

Since we needed to order carpet in 12 ft width – and the room was between 8-9 feet wide, we decided to use the remnant for the runner to the basement. It cost a little extra for the binding cost, but it was less expensive than if we were to order a runner later seperately.

carpet

I’ll take better “day” pictures tomorrow, but wanted to post an update! It makes such a HUGE difference in the nursery and I now don’t have this fear of slipping down the stairs. 😉

Pip
    January 21, 2010 at 1:11 am

wow, that carpet looks amazing in the nursery! what a change, you must be pleased :). I may have to talk my better half into carpet like that when we do our stairs, it looks so good.

[email protected]
    January 21, 2010 at 1:43 am

That is a great carpet choice – and it looks so cozy!!

kdnana
    January 21, 2010 at 4:23 am

love the ceiling lamp you went with.. where did you find it? Is it the same one in your master? Do tell.

[email protected] at Home
    January 21, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Nice … it will be great when the baby is crawling around.

Katie
    January 21, 2010 at 4:25 pm

great idea to use the extra for the stairs! it looks great in the nursery, i love the texture.

Sweet T Paper Designs
    January 22, 2010 at 3:49 am

VERY nice! : )

You will be very happy with your choice when you are sitting in the floor of that little room playing with your baby!

OMG Say IT!!!
    January 22, 2010 at 9:54 am

Bright and cheery.. I like the crisp look. Very Nice..

Stop on over to my new blog.. OMG SAy IT..

January 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Thank you!! It's super comfy now in the room, and the stairs are so much safer than before going into the basement. A good thing as I become more front heavy with this baby!

Kdnana- the ceiling light used to be in our kitchen. I bought it 2 years ago at a little store here in Toronto called MANOR. I have to find the manufacturer name, which I'll have with the nursery round up of sources when it's all done.

kdnana
    January 24, 2010 at 3:11 am

Thanks Lindsay. I absolutely adore it. I'm going to have to copyu you YET AGAIN.
    xo,