In DIY

Reading Railroad + Boardwalk

Here is a sneak peek at our TV Room that is awaiting the final reveal because we still have to install the new door.

tvroom1

We live in the Beach area in Toronto, North of us is the Railroad, and South of us is the Boardwalk. Because of my love of Monopoly as it is the classic cottage game at our cottage, I decided to recreate the classic cards for art in our home.

tvroom2

I appreciate that doing what I did may not be a DIY project of your own, if you dont have access to fonts, and some graphic knowledge but I thought that it would inspire you to think outside of the box for artwork. I would have framed original cards, but then that would mean that the cards would be missing from the cottage. 馃檪 (But if you can find a game at a garage sale, how cute would that be to grab some cards and frame them!)

VidaModa
    September 12, 2009 at 5:28 pm

I love this art project…you always come up with great stuff. Plus the cards mean something to you because of where you live, so I think this is just great 馃檪

I am thinking…how cute would some old novelty games that have been discountinued be, to do this with!

Jennifer Stephenson
    September 13, 2009 at 3:48 pm

I loved this blog post! I am looking forward to playing Monopoly this week with a friend. well…we are playing Dog-opoly. Basically the same game but with dogs! Maybe a game Monopoly this fall at the cottage with hot chocolate? 馃檪 Again I love your blog post with the framned Board Walk and Reading Railroad. What a wonderful idea!

Mrs. Limestone
    September 28, 2009 at 7:04 pm

This is just so clever. Great idea!

domecfam
    January 13, 2010 at 8:25 pm

I love the monopoly art project! Do you think you could sell this??? my husband would love one!

Natalie
    May 6, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Just found your blog through Centsational Girl…I LOVE this idea! Would you mind sharing what font you used to create this?

The Hockey Family
    May 8, 2010 at 1:48 am

Just stumbled across you – cannot get enough!! Please, please, please tell what software, font you use to create the fabulousnus!! AMAZING!! You are fantastic.
    P.S. All the best with your new arrival – such a wonderful and inspiring time!

MarlaAnn2010
    August 19, 2010 at 8:46 pm

what a fun and awesome idea!!! I love Monopoloy as well and what a great way to bring it into the decor!

December 18, 2010 at 5:20 pm

this is a great idea. I am trying to make this as a diy christmas gift for my hubby. Do you remember which font you used to recreate the print? And possibly where you found it? Thank you sooo much. Have a great day.