Desk transformation

Last November I did this desk transformation. Take a note of the background in the first few pictures, that is what our basement looked liked before!

I spotted a little beautiful at the back of a used furniture shop (Frontier Sales). The transformation was really quite simple – with a few high gloss coats of Benjamin Moores Chantilly Lace, and new knobs from Lee Valley, the desk is a fabulous addition to an office.”

075

desk

099

[email protected]
    August 6, 2009 at 3:30 am

I LOVE this makeover!! Any suggestions on where to look for used furniture in the city?

Thanks!

August 6, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Why thank you!! 🙂 There are a few great places around us in the East End that I love, one being Frontier Furniture Sales which is on the Danforth (they have a website so just google their name). There is another on Kingston Road named "A Nothing New Shoppe" but the prices are a bit heigher so it's less of a steal as Frontier. I know some people swear by Value Village + Goodwill, but I have had less luck there myself. – Lindsay

Delightful Dwelling
    October 2, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Wow, it looks gorgeous! I love the knobs you used.

K Dot
    October 15, 2009 at 5:24 pm

I always go to Elegant Garage Sale on Bayview, Around the Block on Avenue Rd or Furniture on Consignment on Wickstead near Home Depot in Leaside. Lindsay- Did you spray the desk? I'm always concerned about seeing brush strokes. Yours looks professionally sprayed- great job!!

October 15, 2009 at 5:52 pm

LOVE Around the Block on Avenue Road. I used to love Elegant Garage Sale, but as of lately, I've found that they have less finds. (Is it just me?) I actually painted the desk by hand, in oil. Oil has a natural tendency to even itself out, so you see little, to no brush strokes. The downside is, my major cripe on this blog, is that the white oild paint yellows slightly. It's not too noticable on this desk, but it's a bit of an annoyance. In the future, I think I would just send it out to be sprayed. 😉

Ashley @ sunnysideshlee.com